It’s 10 years since the end of Performancing, and I just had a work anniversary at Copyblogger/Rainmaker Digital, so what have I learned in the last 10 years?
- You’re not the customer – Empathy is paramount.
- No sacred cows.
- No ideas are “stupid”. I told Mike Stelzner he was crazy to start a new conference. Yeah.
- There are no stupid questions, other than the one you don’t ask but need to.
- No blamestorming. Just stop that, now.
- No “succeed or fail”, just experiments and learning.
- Don’t be a dick.
- Don’t let someone else be a dick if you can help it.
- But tell someone privately if they are being a dick.
- Plan, communicate, implement, iterate.
I intentionally made this into a list post because I know it will irritate some people, hence breaking rule #7 😉