SOBCon 2008 (Eve)!
I managed to arrive in one piece and thanks to Terry Starbucker, got to my hotel safe and sound too!
50mins after checking in we were back out to meet the rest of the early arrivals over beer and Italian food.
What have I learned so far?
- Lots of people are just as shy as me but everyone is completely great company and just like you imagine them from their online personas (a good sign of things to come)
- I seem to be the only person sans business cards
- Chicago is a great city and I wish I had taken my proper camera out right away
- Never leave home without a network cable and USB leads, I can’t get reliable wifi or download my DSLR pics – d’oh
- Bloggers are not very good pool players
- Guinness tastes different here
- It really is all about people, regardless if we are talking about “social media”, blogging, or “social networks”, just like soylent green, it’s all people
OK, not exactly startling revelations but the program proper doesn’t start until the boat trip tonight 🙂