Let me start by saying I love your service. Of course I have no choice. There are no alternatives.
But really, I do love your service. I find it looks nice, is easy to use, and mostly gives me what I need. The main issues I have are in the area of your email service.
Here are some things I think would make FeedBurner really rock:
- Email frequency – Allow the blogger or subscriber to set email frequency. You already combine multiple posts into a digest which is great, just allow us to set daily, weekly, etc. Many of the people who unsubscribe from my blog do so because once a day is too often.
- Broken Opt-ins – Thousands of people have not confirmed their email at any one time. What can we do about this? I email non-confirmed subscribers manually. Can you make this easier for us? How about allowing single opt-in?
- Email Customisation and Personalisation – It would be great to have a more meaningful email subject that relates to the contents. I realise you are no Aweber but some more options would be cool.
- Thanks Pages – It would be fantastic if you allowed a customizable thank you page. We could add links, downloads, FAQs, frequency options, “things you might also want to check out” …
- Conversion Stats – You have the referrer information for which pages lead to email signups, how about giving us reports showing which articles lead to subscriptions?
Your biggest fan,
I am sure my wonderful readers will have more ideas and feedback in the comments … 🙂