I just majorly goofed on my blog. While upgrading a bunch of blogs to WordPress 2.2 I overwrote my theme before checking my backup. It seems my FTP had not managed to transfer my sidebar so when I had a look at my handy work I had the default staring back at me.
- Don’t do upgrades in a rush, take your time
- Always take regular backups, not just when you are upgrading
- Check your backups before making big changes
- Rename any themes you customise so you are using a completely unique name to prevent overwrites
- Use Subversion or some other version control system if you have it so you can roll back changes
Seems I have things pretty much back to normal. That could have been nasty! 🙂