Are you looking to be an authority blogger? Join the Authority Blogger SOBCon Contest!
Blog Catalog, SOBCon08, and Authority Blogger have come together to make an exciting new contest offer. It’s all set to help you launch your yourself this year as an Authority Blogger with the plan, the models, and the support that you need to be off to a successful career.
What is SOBCon08?
As you may already know, I am going to be giving a talk at this years SOBEvent in Chicago.
I’m very excited, not just because I think it will be a fantastic event (it will), a lot of fun (yup), and I will get a chance to meet some really cool people (that too), but also I think the attendees will get a huge amount of benefit from it.
You see, it is a conference like no other.
SOBCon08 is small and focused on truly beneficial and actionable information. It’s a series of mastermind meetings. You will get quality time with serious experts giving real knowledge, not lame half-pitches for their expensive CD box set
Other speakers/presenters include: Anita Bruzzese from Gannett USA Today, on online reputation management, Brian Clark, Copyblogger, on online business models that work, Lorelle VanFossen of Lorelle on WordPress, one focusing your business to get noticed, Muhammad Saleem on what makes an appropriate social networking portfolio, Chris Brogan, on social media choices that produce, Dave Bullock, a sales model that converts, Liz Strauss, how to build an irresistible offer and Wendy Piersall on success management.
Don’t you think that is perfect for Authority Bloggers? That’s why we’re offering this contest!
Authority Blogger Contest Prizes and Rules
It’s always fun to start with the prizes. What the Blog Catalog, SOBCon, Authority Blogger competition winner will win:
- $1000 budget to pay for SOBCon08 registration and travel expenses which also includes:
- a copy of ProBlogger: Secrets for Blogging Your Way to a Six-Figure Income by Darren Rowse and Chris Garrett
- 60 attendees will get free design and SEO consults from Network Solutions experts.
- a $99 lifetime hosting offer from THC
- a pro account at E-Junkie
- a free subscription to Blogger & Podcaster Magazine and a chance to join their new USA Today guide
- a professional video interview on you and your biz for BlogTV sponsored by Fuel My Blog
- A hour of consulting with Chris Garrett, face-to-face if possible.
- The complete Authority Blogger online course when it launches.
- An introduction to all of the speakers at the event.
It’s a fabulous prize package!
1. Write a blog post explaining why you’re the best candidate to be the next Authority Blogger. What you’ll add to the event, what you hope to learn from a personal consultancy with Chris Garrett and the wealth of great business bloggers in that weekend in Chicago. Be sure to write with authority. Tell your compelling story.
2. Have your post written by March 31st.
3. Leave a trackback to this post or a link in the comment, so that we know you’ve entered.
4. Your post can include pictures, but should be no longer than 1000 words.
5. Liz Strauss, and Chris Garrett, that’s me, will select the winner on 1st of April.
6. In the case of a draw a representative from Blog Catalog will have the deciding vote.
Make sure you sign up to the Authority Blogger newsletter to be eligible for the full prize and to see all the competition announcements.
Don’t miss the deadline, then you really would feel like an April fool
Get writing and good luck!