Mixx is a relatively unknown Social Bookmarking site. Ask around and half the people you talk to haven’t used it. The other half either dismiss it or seem to have a wait-and-see approach.
My view? I like it.
What I like:
- Design – Nice, modern, clean and easy to use
- Content – Stories are served up that match the tags you specify rather than just those voted up
- Features – Has all the features you need plus some that Digg could use, such as being able to see who voted you down.
- Community – As well as making the usual buddy list, Mixx has groups which really should be an obvious thing for social sites when you think about it
- Calmer – Getting popular takes fewer votes and there are fewer insultingly harsh trolls
- SEO – Mixx pages seem to rank well, I am sure there is something that can be exploited there
Obviously most people are going to ask how much traffic it sends. On that score it is not brilliant in comparison to Digg or even StumbleUpon, of course not, it is early days, but it does send a bit. It fact for me it has performed better than Reddit and Sphinn, which are sites often recommended in the SMO space.
As I say above, it is easier to get noticed, both with the personalization, groups and fewer votes required to get popular. This could contribute to gaining links from fellow bloggers who are monitoring the site.
What do you think of Mixx? Please share in the comments.