Have you noticed I have been a bit quiet lately?
There are two reasons.
The first, of course, is that I have been moving country. These things tend to constrain your time a little … I can happily say I am typing this from our rental home in Canada 🙂
Today’s post is about the second reason, though. This summer I traveled down to spend some time with Darren Rowse to start putting together some courses all about what it takes to be a Problogger. The first of these is launched now and is completely free of charge!
Start a Blog with Problogger
This blogging for beginners course is called “Getting Started Blogging” and will walk you through six lessons:
- Preparation. In this lesson, you’ll get tips on naming your blog, keyword research, and domain names.
- Platforms. Where will your blog live, and which platform is right for you?
- Types of Blogs. This class is an introduction to some of the different blogging approaches you might consider.
- WordPress. Here, I show you the steps involved in installing and customising your new WordPress blog.
- Adding Killer Content to Your Blog. This lesson is an introduction to the types of content you’ll want to add to your blog.
- Introduction to the Pillars of ProBlogging. Once you’ve got the foundations right, Darren walks you through four areas you’ll need to work on moving forward to build a successful blog.
We look forward to helping you start your next blog, and we would really welcome any feedback you have 🙂