Roger Anderson has tagged me with the Thinking Blogs Award. The idea of this meme is we list five blogs that make us think. Hmmm, tough one. I would include Rogers but he has been listed already, and like Roger I don’t want to trot out blogs you are already reading, so extra tough! …
Five blogs that make me think
- SEOBook – Aaron doesn’t just talk about SEO, he gets you thinking about business models and your overall strategy. Worthwhile reading if your business is online, regardless of your interest in SEO.
- MonkAtWork – The idea of this list is blogs that make you think. Adams writing does that, in ways not found in any other blog. Talk about finding your uniqueness, Adam has it in buckets!
- Dilbert Blog – Scott Adams discusses wide ranging topics with great humour. His writing isn’t to everyone’s taste but he never fails to raise my smile while getting me thinking. If you look up “outside the box” in the dictionary you will probably find a picture of Scott Adams grinning out.
- Freakonomics – Always interesting, even though I normally find economics a dull topic, somehow you always seem to learn more about human nature from their articles. Read the book too!
- CommandN – I am not a big techmeme, techcrunch, yada yada reader, I am also not a big fan of podcasts and video. The only site of this type I keep up to date with is CommandN. The presenters, particularly Will Pate and Amber Mac, are very grounded, fun, normal folk, not internet celebrity wannabes. Their content is interesting. Great stuff.
This was a really tricky post to write, I am never any good at picking favourites. Had I written this yesterday or tomorrow my choices might well have been different.
Which blogs make you think (other than your own, heh)? Let me know in the comments …