I have just read Seth Godins post on Name tags and I think some of his thoughts apply equally to blogs
- if you don’t know someone’s name, you are hesitant to talk to them.
- if you don’t talk to them, you never get to know them and you both lose.
- if you are wearing a name tag, it’s an invitation to start a conversation.
What are you doing on your blog to invite conversation? Does your template contain the equivalent of a name tag? Here are Seths relevant tips …
- BIG first name
- positioned in a place where you can see it
- a piece of information that is an ice breaker.
On my personal blog I have an “about” block in my sidebar, perhaps I should have one here …?
Update: I have added a pic and blurb in my sidebar, what do you think?